Six months ago I traded in my first of 3-4 mugs (not cups) of coffee in the morning for 8 ounces of pure unadulterated water; often adding fresh squeezed lemon juice for a super-boost. Why did it take me so long to let go of coffee first thing in favor of water, when I absolutely knew better? It’s the old boring story of letting go; fear, attachment, bad habits and laziness. End of story! Boom, I just woke up one morning and faced my dumb-ass fears that I might curl up and die if I didn’t get that hotly anticipated, delicious liquid drug in my veins; immediately upon waking.
After one week of “keeping up” my new “good habit” I felt different; as in awesome! I had noticeably more energy throughout the morning. My head was crystal clear, my workouts were stronger, my skin sort of glowed, my eyes were brighter, my mouth tasted better, my poops were better, no belly bloat, my pee was clearer, I felt less hungry, my yoga and meditation practice seemed to make more sense and I was really proud of myself for making a change for the greater good of my over-all health. All of the better qualities I stated are even better today!
As the saying goes, “old habits die hard”. To be clear, “old habits die hard” means that you must invest considerable effort in completely annihilating heavily entrenched not good for you ‘habits’ in favor of better ones. Again, end of story!
Well-informed health professionals around the world-wide web agree, that drinking water first in the morning is smart. According to newhealthguide.org and many other reputable health websites, the upside to drinking water before coffee or anything else is the BIG WINNER.
What Are the Benefits of Drinking Water in the Morning?
It is a long known secret that drinking water as soon as you get up, i.e. before eating anything, is a good way to purify your internal system. One of the most important results of undergoing this treatment is colon cleansing, which enables better absorption of nutrients from various foods. When there is production of haematopoiesis, better known as “new blood”, you will have immense body restorative effects and you can even be cured of existing ailments. Drinking water the first thing in the morning has the following benefits:
1. Make your skin glow. Water is known to purge toxins from your blood, and as a result you get glowing skin.
2. Renew cells. Drinking water first thing in the morning increases the rate at which new muscle and blood cells are produced.
3. Balance the lymph system. When you drink water first thing in the morning on a daily basis, you help balance your body’s lymph system. Lymph glands found in your lymph system fight infections helping you to perform your daily activities. They also balance the fluids in your body.
4. Lose weight. When you consume about 16 ounces of water (chilled), you will boost your body’s metabolism by abut 24% thus help you lose those extra pounds.
5. Purify the colon. When you drink water after you have woken up before eating anything, you are purifying your colon thereby making nutrients absorption easy.
6. Cures illnesses and diseases. Drinking water first thing in the morning has been proven to cure illnesses such as, digestive problems, throat disease, menstrual and cancer disorders, eye diseases, diarrhea, urine disease, kidney disease, meningitis, TB, Arthritis and headaches among others.
Presently, I drink 12 0z of water as soon as I get up, followed by only 1 or 2 cups of coffee, followed by more water and food. Yay me!
Enough said. Go for it! Make the CHANGE today. I promise you will be out-of-your-mind happy with yourself!
Always Love & No Drama,