The truth is…we love to dance, it’s our soul calling. We just don’t want anyone to see us do it. What’s up with that?
Dancing is an exhilarating and liberating way to let loose and have a blast, lift your mood, build self-confidence, and burn belly and everywhere else fat. In fact, dancing can burn as many calories as power walking, jogging, biking and swimming. As with any workout, the weight/fat loss benefits depend on several factors; including the intensity, frequency and duration of your workouts and of course a healthy sustainable daily diet.
1. Dancing can improve flexibility. Dancers must strive to achieve a full range of motion for every major muscle group. The greater the range of motion, the more muscles can flex and extend. So, bend, extend and stretch your body as much as possible while you dance. You will naturally become more flexible that way.
2. Dancing can make you stronger. Strength is defined as the ability to exert a force against resistance. Dancing builds strength by forcing the muscles to resist against a dancer’s own body weight. Consider jumping and leaping across the room to achieve tremendous strength gains of the major leg and butt muscles and to build bone density.
3. Dancing increases endurance. Endurance is the ability of muscles to work hard for increasingly longer periods of time without fatigue. Vigorous dancing will strengthen your heart while improving your stamina.
4. Dancing with others is a great way to socialize, make friends, and stay connected with people. Consider signing up for a dance class.
Pick your top ten favorite dance songs and download them onto your iPod. (If you can’t handle the iPod thing, either go online or to a store to buy some premixed dance music or tune into your favorite radio station for some great top 40 hits.)
1. Dance with your best friend, boyfriend, kids, or just you. Turn up the music, ladies. Grab your man off the couch and make him move with you. Bend over and shake your butt in his face. I’ll bet if you add a few bumps and grinds, he will happily dance around the room with you.
Gather all your glory and girlfriends and DANCE!
Try a Zumba, Belly Dancing or Strip Tease Dance class. Friday nights at the club works well, too.
My favorite endorphin high is an interval dance style workout that includes a variety of squats, pushups, burpees and lunges mixed with one minute dance intervals.
3. Change up a boring old machine cardio workout. Jump off the machine every 3 minutes and dance. Let yourself go wild with movement for one minute.
READY? Turn up your favorite dance tunes and try this high-energy dance interval workout today
WARNING! THIS WORKOUT IS EXTREMELY FUN.
After each 4 round set DANCE your ass off for 1 minute!
1. Run-in-Place — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 4 rounds
DANCE your heart out!
2. Spiderman Climb Pushup/any pushup will do — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 4 rounds
DANCE your ass off!
3. Switch Lunge — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 4 rounds (alternate sides every 20 seconds)
DANCE yourself silly!
4. Burpee — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 4 rounds
DANCE like you’re a rockstar. Because you really are!
5. Jumping Jacks — 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest x 4 rounds
DANCE DANCE DANCE
If you have the time REPEAT the workout!
Go All The Way With Gusto & Grace
Have a great week everyone